Admission into B.Sc.(Hons) Agriculture & Horticulture under Meghalaya State Quota 2021-22
Admission into B.Sc.(Hons) Agriculture & Horticulture: Application through online mode only are invited from applicants who are permanent residents of Meghalaya for consideration of nomination for B.Sc.(Hons) Agriculture and B.Sc.(Hons) Horticulture Courses during the Academic Session 2021-22 against the State Quota Seats and seats allotted by NEC for the State. The last date for submission of the application is 10.08.2021.
Course Name:- B.Sc.(Hons) Agriculture and Horticulture
- Age limit:- Candidates should not be less than 17 years or more than 21 years of age as of 31st December 2021. Proof of age is to be supported by School Leaving Certificate/ Admit Card The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years in respect of candidates belonging to ST/SC.
- Educational Qualification:- Applicants must have passed 10+2 Level Examination in Science or equivalent examinations with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects from recognized Universities or Boards. Candidates must have secured a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate for General & OBC categories and 45% marks for ST/SC categories.
How to apply for admission into B.Sc.(Hons) Agriculture and Horticulture under Meghalaya State Quota 2021-22
Candidates are to apply online through the link of the Departmental website www.megagriculture.gov.in. The last date for online submission of application is on 10th August 2021 up to 17:00 Hrs.
Tribal Candidates of the state (Khasi, Jaintia & Garo) should produce an attested copy of the Scheduled Tribe Certificate. Non-Tribal candidates and other Tribes who are permanent residents of Meghalaya should produce an attested copy of the Permanent Residential Certificate (PRC) including SC/ST/OBC certificates issued by the Competent Authority during counseling.
Following original documents are to be produced during counseling along with a copy of each duplicate documents duly self-attested.
- Admit Cards — X, XII
- Mark Sheets — X, XII
- Birth Certificate.
- Caste Certificate in respect of SC, ST, and OBC.
- All candidates other than the S.T. of Meghalaya are required to submit the Permanent Residential Certificate (PRC) issued by the Competent Authority.
- Character Certificate from Institution last attended,
- Medical Fitness Certificate issued by the concerned District Medical and Health Officer (DM HO) to be produced in original during counseling.
- 2 (two) Nos. Passport size photograph duly attested by a Gazette Officer to be submitted during counseling.
Selection of candidates will be strictly on a merit basis, which will be determined purely on the marks obtained in Physic, Chemistry, and Biology. If the percentage of marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology by two or more candidates is identical, the merit will be determined by taking into account the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English, if the candidates secure identical marks in PCBE the candidate who is older in age will be considered.
The Provisional List of eligible candidates will be displayed in the Notice Board of the Directorate of Agriculture, Shillong, and in the Office of the District Agriculture Officer, Tura on the or view online on 13.08.2021.
The shortlisted candidates are to appear for counseling in the Directorate of Agriculture, Shillong, or in the Office of the District Agriculture Officer, Tura (as the case may be) on the 16.08.2021and to submit all originals certificates/ Testimonials 2 (two) nos passport size photograph duly attested by Gazetted Officer/ Medical Fitness certificate issued by the concerned District Medical and Health Officer (DM&HO) for necessary verification.
The selected candidates will have to submit an Undertaking of their willingness to undergo the course by 18.08.2021 failing which their names will stand canceled from the list.
Those who wish to apply are advised to go through the Admission into B.Sc.(Hons) Agriculture and Horticulture under Meghalaya State Quota official notification in detail before submitting applications.