Gujarat University LLB Admission 2020-21 Open Now. Gujarat University is established in the year 1949 by The Gujarat University Act, 1949. As per the powers conferred in the said Act, Gujarat University has constituted the “Gujarat University Admission Committee” to regulate the admission of candidates to certain programs as mentioned in “The Gujarat University Five Years’ Integrated Law Programme Admission Rules, 2020”.
The mission assigned to this Committee is to carry out the counseling process in a fair and transparent manner. The admission process is conducted Committee strictly on the basis of merit and the preference of the candidate. The functions of the Committee are as follows.
- The Committee shall supervise, monitor and control the entire process of admission to thecandidates seeking admissions to the affiliated colleges or institutions.
- The Committee shall prepare the merit list in accordance with the provisions of the rules made there under.
- The Committee shall allocate the Seats in accordance with the provisions of the rules made herein after.
- The Committee shall ensure that admission in the Government, Grant-in-Aid or Unaided Seats are made as per the merit list prepared.
- The Committee shall perform such other functions as may be assigned to it by the Gujarat University.
Gujarat University has successfully launched web based online admission procedure. Online web-based admission process proved to be most accurate, transparent and time and cost effective.
Short Title and Commencement:
- These rules shall be called the “The Gujarat University Five Years’ Integrated Law Admission Rules, 2020”.
- These rules shall be applicable for granting admission to the students in Semester I of the Five Years’ Integrated LL.B. Programme for the academic year 2020-21.
- The Centers of Legal Education affiliated with Gujarat University offer following programmes in Five Years’ Integrated Law Programme:
- B.A.LL.B. (Five Years Integrated)
- B.Com.LL.B. (Five Years Integrated)
- B.B.A.LL.B. (Five Years Integrated)
The aforesaid rules shall come into force from the 25th June2020 and the earlier ordinances.
Admission to various Five Years Integrated Law Programme:
- Admission to the first semester of the programs mentioned in 1.3 shall be given on the basis of merit list prepared by the Admission Committee taking into consideration the mandatory requirements of the Bar Council of India with regards to commencement of the teaching process. The admission process will commence from Monday, June 29, 2020.
Seats Available for Admission:
- For the purpose of admission to the first semester of the programs, available seats shall include all the sanctioned seats of the programs excluding 25% Management Quota in each Centre of Legal Education.
Eligibility for Admission:
- A candidate who has passed the qualifying examination with minimum 45% marks in aggregate or equivalent grade shall be eligible for admission. The candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC) and Schedules Tribes (ST) will be given an exemption of 5% from the above criteria. (Minimum 40% for the candidates of SC and ST categories) and the candidate belonging to the SEBC category will be given an exemption of 3% (Minimum 42% for the candidate of SEBC Category).
- Provided that such a minimum qualifying marks shall not automatically entitle a candidate to get admission in any of the Centre of Legal Education but shall only entitle the candidate concerned to fulfill basic criteria fixed by the Bar Council of India or other equivalent authority as well as the Gujarat University from time to time to apply for the admission.
- A candidate who has passed the qualifying examination from the Gujarat Board or Schools of Central Board in Gujarat State is not required to obtain Provisional Eligibility Certificate (PEC) through the online process from Gujarat University before registration.
- Students coming from Boards other than mentioned in 6.3 above are mandatorily required to obtain Provisional Eligibility Certificate (PEC) through the online process from Gujarat University before registration.
- If a candidate has not passed SSC/HSC Examination from the board approved by the Government of Gujarat the Gujarat University shall have all the rights to refuse to grant Provisional Eligibility Certificate and admission of such candidate, if granted by any college shall automatically stand canceled.
- No student shall be allowed to simultaneously register for a law degree program or any other program with any other graduate or postgraduate or professional course run by the same or any other University or an Institute for academic or professional learning.
- Merit list will be prepared on the basis of Theory marks obtained by a candidate in the HSC Examination. However while ascertaining the minimum eligibility criterion of a candidate, total marks (including Practical Marks) obtained by candidates in the HSC exam will be considered.