Kerala Swasraya Scheme 2020 application form is available to download in PDF format online at sjd.kerala.gov.in. In this scheme of the Social Justice Department, the Kerala govt. is going to provide financial assistance to parents/mothers of physically handicapped & mentally retarded persons. The official website is functional and people can know how to apply for Swasraya Scheme. The state cabinet committee has also approved the implementation of this financial aid scheme for single mothers for the welfare of PH / MR persons.
According to the guidelines of Kerala Swasraya Scheme 2020, financial assistance will be given to single mothers of PH / MR persons which will enable them to find self-employment. An amount of Rs 35,000 is being provided to the beneficiaries as one-time assistance.
In this article, we will tell you about how to apply for the Swasraya scheme, eligibility criteria, govt. orders and complete details.
- Kerala Swasraya Scheme 2020 Application Form PDF Download
- Kerala Swasraya Scheme 2020 Application Form Download
- Eligibility Criteria for Kerala Swasraya Scheme 2020
- Links to Download Kerala Government Order for Swasraya Scheme
- Kerala Swasraya Scheme List 2020
- Need for Swasraya Scheme 2020
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Kerala Swasraya Scheme 2020 Application Form Download
Below is complete process to download Kerala Swasraya Scheme 2020 Application Form in PDF format by online mode:-
- Step 1: Firstly visit the official Kerala Social Justice Department website at http://sjd.kerala.gov.in/
- Step 2: On the homepage, click at the “Schemes” tab present in the main menu or directly click http://sjd.kerala.gov.in/schemes.php
- Step 3: At the opened page, click at the “Swasraya Scheme for parents/mothers of PH / MR Persons” link present at 26th number in the list of schemes.
- Step 4: At the opened scheme details page, go to the “Documents” section and click at the “Application Forms – Swasraya Scheme for parents (single mothers) of PH / MR persons” link as shown below or directly click this link
- Step 5: The Kerala Swasraya Scheme application form PDF will open as shown below:-
- Step 6: All the interested applicants can download this Swasraya Scheme form in PDF format. After downloading, applicants will have to enter the necessary details accurately in the form and submit it to the concerned authorities.
The applicants must submit the duly filled applications along with supporting documents to the concerned District Social Justice Officers. Upon subsequent verification of filled in application form along with documents, the concerned officer will approve your form. All the applicant parents/mothers of PH / MR persons will then get one-time financial assistance under Swasraya Scheme directly into their bank accounts.
Eligibility Criteria for Kerala Swasraya Scheme 2020
Only those applicants who fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below will become eligible for Kerala Swasraya Scheme:-
- The applicant must be from the BPL family.
- Parents (mothers) with children having 70% or more disability / mental retardation.
- Mothers of severely disabled/mentally challenged bed-ridden patients will be given priority.
- Single/Unwed mothers/Wives abandoned by husbands/Legally divorced women/Separated women are eligible to apply under this scheme.
- Close relatives (women- as mentioned in the above category) who act as caretakers of severely disabled/mentally challenged patients can also apply.
- Application along with a detailed project report about self-employment has to be submitted to the concerned District Social Justice Officers.
- Beneficiaries of the Aswasakiranam scheme can also submit applications
The scheme for one-time financial aid to parents / single mothers of physically handicapped or mentally retarded persons will be implemented in the state as mentioned in the government order.
Links to Download Kerala Government Order for Swasraya Scheme
Here is the direct link to download the Kerala government order for Swasraya Scheme 2020 – http://sjd.kerala.gov.in/DOCUMENTS/Order_new/GOs/21258.pdf . All the interested applicants must check the scheme related to govt. the order which will help in a better understanding of the implementation of the scheme.
Kerala Swasraya Scheme List 2020
Here is the direct link to check the name in the Kerala Swasraya Scheme List 2020. The beneficiary parents/mothers of PH / MR persons can click at http://sjd.kerala.gov.in/scheme-info.php?scheme_id=MTM3c1Y4dXFSI3Z5. At this page, go to the “Target Group” section and click at the “Beneficiary Details” link in front of differently-abled. In the new window, the Kerala Swasraya Scheme list of beneficiaries will appear as shown below:-
All those parents/mothers who want to check their names in the opened list can even select the financial year and district name to narrow the search in the Swasraya Scheme district wise list of beneficiaries.
Need for Swasraya Scheme 2020
Parents of severely mentally retarded and differently-abled persons require emotional strength and flexibility. Older parents can find themselves overwhelmed by various medical, caregiving, and financial responsibilities. PH/MR persons always need special care and attention since they cannot perform their day to day activities without someone else’s assistance. Sometimes it can be quite challenging for older parents in BPL families, especially mothers, who have to take care of household tasks and work apart from taking care of MR persons.
Looking after such a Mentally challenged/PH person is expensive. These expenses can arise from medical equipment and supplies, medical care, caregiving expenses, specialized transportation, etc. Even though an amount of Rs. 525/- is being provided as Aswasakiranam pension to caregivers (family members) of bedridden PH/MR persons, it cannot cover the expenses completely. Single mothers face tremendous challenges. Often, a custodial parent must fulfill the roles of the primary provider and caregiver without the benefit of a partner. It is a difficult task under the best of circumstances.
Social Justice Department has devised an innovative scheme called “Swasraya” which provides financial assistance to such single mothers which will enable them to find self-employment. An amount of Rs 35,000/- is being provided to the beneficiaries as one-time assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about the Swasraya Scheme 2020:-
What is Kerala Vijayamritham Scheme
It is a single time financial assistance scheme for parents/mothers of physically handicapped & mentally retarded persons to enable them to take care of their disabled children
I belong to the APL family, am I eligible
No, only BPL Category applicants are eligible
How to download Vijayamritham Scheme application form PDF online
People can now download the Kerala Vijayamritham Scheme Application Form in PDF format at the official website sjd.kerala.gov.in through online mode
What is the assistance amount to be given to Disabled Meritorious Students
Rs. 35,000 to single mothers directly into their bank accounts through DBT mode
For more details, visit the official website of the Social Justice Department of Kerala at http://sjd.kerala.gov.in