- The DELETE FOR EVERYONE option remains active for up to one hour after the message is sent.
- You can also delete years old messages by following this trick
Almost all WhatsApp users will be aware that if a text message or any other file is accidentally sent to another user or group, the ‘DELETE FOR EVERYONE’ option is available to delete it from both, but it also has its own limits. This option remains active for up to 1 hour after the message is sent. After that, only the ‘DELETE FOR ME’ option remains active. If you want to use the ‘DELETE FOR EVERYONE’ option after 1 hour or for years old message, we have come up with some great tech tips for you. Come on in, take a look …
Suppose you want to delete a message sent on 16 September 2020 at 2:11 pm from both you and other users, that is, you want to delete a message 5 days old from 22 September. Long press on the message you want to delete will see the two options Cancel and DELETE FOR ME meaning you will only be able to delete this message from yourself.
If you want to delete a message from both, follow this step …
- Let’s turn off the internet first.
- Go to Settings and click on APP.
- Then click on Whatsapp.
- Go to Whatsapp and click on Force Stop at the bottom.
5. Now go back to the message or any content you want to delete and note the date of that day and the time of the message, as it will come in handy. Go to Settings again and go to the Date and time option. Turn off the Use Network Provided Time Zone, Time Zone, or Automatic Date and time option.
Note: This option may vary by phone
7. Now here you have to reset the date, note it earlier, and submit the date to delete the message (16 September 2020).
8. Set the time in the same way (for example, if you want to delete a message at 2:11 pm, set the time 5 to 10 minutes earlier.)
9. Now go back to WhatsApp. So today will be seen instead of 16th September.
10. Now if you long-press to delete the message, you will see the option of ‘DELETE FOR EVERYONE’ instead of ‘DELETE FOR ME’. Now select ‘DELETE FOR EVERYONE’ and delete the message.
11. After deleting, turn on the internet and go back to Date and time, and don’t forget to select today’s date and time.
Note: This trick will only work on the latest version of WhatsApp, so don’t forget to update WhatsApp.
Important: Please always Check and Confirm the above details with the official website and Advertisement / Notification.