Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA) invites online applications for Post Matric Scholarship Scheme 2020 for Minorities. In this scheme, the central government will provide financial assistance to meritorious students from poor minority communities to enable them to pursue higher education. Interested & eligible minority candidates can fill Post Matric Scholarship Scheme Online Application Form at National Scholarship Portal at scholarships.gov.in
This assistance is given as admission fees, tuition fees, and maintenance allowance to students for Class 11th, 12th, UG, and PG courses. Only 2 students from single-family can avail of these benefits. The main aim is to award scholarships to students from economically weaker sections of the minority community in order to provide better opportunities and raise the rate of attainment for higher education and to enhance their employment ability.
Post Matric Minority Scholarship 2020-21 will be implemented under the Prime Minister’s New 15 Point Programme included in the List of Minority Welfare Schemes. The Last Date to apply online for Post Matric Scholarship for minorities is 31 October 2020.
Post Matric Scholarship Scheme 2020 Online Application Form for Minorities
Below is the complete procedure to apply online for Post Matric Scholarship 2020 for Minorities:-
- Visit the official National Scholarship Portal at scholarships.gov.in
- At the homepage, go the “New Registration” tab present on the top of the page as shown here:-
- In the new opened window, read the guidelines for Post Matric Minority Scholarship registration as shown below:-
- Accept the undertaking and click at the “Continue” button to open the Post Matric Scholarship Scheme online registration form minorities.
- Fill in all the details in the Post Matric Scholarship Registration Form and click at the “Register” button to complete the registration process. Applicants will get User ID and Password on your registered Mobile Number.
- Then click at the “Login” to apply online for minority Post Matric Scholarship Scheme 2020 for minorities:-
- After making a login, applicants can verify their OTP, change the password and proceed to Dashboard where applicants can click at the “Application Form” button to open the Post Matric Scholarship Scheme Minorities Application Form 2020-21 as shown below:-
- Here applicants can enter their personal, academic, and other details accurately and click at the “Save & Continue” button and then fill the remaining form to “Submit” it. After the form is submitted successfully, the application online for Post Matric Minority Scholarship Scheme 2020 will get over.
This scheme focuses on Minorities Empowerment through education and will lead to the upliftment of socio-economic conditions of the students from minority communities.
How to Apply for Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minority Students
Students applying for a scholarship for the first time (Fresh Students) need to “Register” on the portal as a fresh applicant by providing accurate and authenticated information as printed on their documents in the “Student Registration Form”. The registration form is required to be filled by parents/guardians of students who are below the age of 18 years on the date of registration. Before initiating the registration process, students / Parents/guardian are advised to keep the following documents handy:-
- Educational documents of student
- Student’s Bank account number and IFSC code of the bank branch
- Aadhaar number of the Student
- If Aadhaar is not available, then Bonafide student certificate from Institute / School and
- Aadhaar Enrolment ID or Scanned copy of Bank passbook
- If Institute/School is different from the domicile state of the applicant, then Bonafide student certificate from Institute / School.
Post Matric Minority Scholarship Scheme 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The scholarship is to be awarded for studies in India in a government or private higher secondary school/college/university, including such residential institutes of the Government and eligible private institutes selected and notified in a transparent manner by the State Government/Union Territory Administration concerned. The Eligibility Criteria for Post Matric Minority Scholarship is mentioned below:-
- Applicants must have secured at least 50% marks or equivalent in the previous final examination.
- The applicant must belong to the minority community.
- The annual income of the family of the applicant from all sources must not exceed Rs. 2 lakh per annum.
Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains, and Zoroastrians (Parsis) have been notified as minority communities. Moreover, 30% of scholarships will be earmarked for girl students. It will also cover technical and vocational courses in Industrial Training Institutes/ Industrial Training Centres affiliated with the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) of classes XI and XII level including Polytechnics and other courses (any course of less than one-year duration is not covered under this scheme; Certificate courses are also not covered).
Post Matric Scholarship 2020-21 – Duration & Rate of Scholarship
Govt. will provide Post Matric Scholarship 2020 for the entire course duration. However, maintenance allowance is only given for 10 months in an academic year. The rate of Scholarship is given below:-
|Admission and tuition fee for classes 11th and 12th||Rs. 7,000 p.a||Rs. 7000 p.a|
|Admission and Tuition fee for technical and vocational courses of XI and XII including fees/charges for raw materials (courses of one year or more year of duration)||Rs. 10,000 p.a||Rs. 10000 p.a|
|Tuition & Admission Fees for Under-graduate (UG) & Post Graduate (PG) Level Courses||Rs. 3,000 p.a||Rs. 3000 p.a|
|Maintenance Allowance for Class XI and XII including technical and vocational courses||Rs. 380 p.m||Rs. 230 p.m|
|Maintenance Allowance for courses other than technical and professional courses at UG and PG level||Rs. 570 p.m||Rs. 300 p.m|
|Maintenance Allowance for M.Phil and Ph.D||Rs. 1200 p.m||Rs. 550 p.m|
Post Matric Scholarship 2020 Amount
State Government / Union Territory Administration will implement this scholarship scheme. To get all the details, click at the link – https://scholarships.gov.in/public/schemeGuidelines/MoMA_Post_Matric_2018-20.pdf
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
What is the Post Matric Scholarship Scheme
It is a scholarship scheme for minority community students in government or private higher secondary school/college/university enabling them to pursue higher education
Who is Eligible for Post Matric Minority Scholarship Scheme
Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain, Parsi (Zoroastrian)
What is the official website for Post Matric Minorities Scholarship
I have secured 48% marks & I am Muslim, am i eligible
No, minimum 50% marks are required to become eligible
My annual family income is 1.5 lakh per annum & I am Parsi, am i eligible
Yes, If you have more than 50% marks in the previous year exam, family income <2 lakh p.a and belong to Parsi or any other minority community, you are eligible
What is the last date to apply for Post Matric Minority Scholarship Scheme
— In case of any query, candidates can see Frequently Asked Questions – https://scholarships.gov.in/public/FAQ/FAQ_MOMA.pdf
— For more details, visit the official website https://scholarships.gov.in/