Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA) is inviting online applications for the Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme 2020 for Minorities. Under this scheme, the central government provides financial assistance to the meritorious students from minority communities to enable them to complete matric (10th) standards. Interested candidates can fill Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme Online Application Form for minorities at National Scholarship Portal at scholarships.gov.in
This assistance is given as admission fees, tuition fees, and maintenance allowance to students studying in class 1st to 10th in any govt. / private schools. Only 2 students from single-family can avail of these benefits. The main aim is to encourage parents to send children to school, lessen the financial burden, and enable students to complete school education.
Pre Matric Scholarship is to be implemented under the Prime Minister’s New 15 Point Programme from List of Minority Welfare Schemes. The last Date to apply online for Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme is 31 October 2020.
Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme 2020 Online Application Form for Minorities
Below is the complete procedure to apply online for Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme 2020 for Minorities:-
- Visit the official National Scholarship Portal at scholarships.gov.in
- At the homepage, go the “New Registration” tab present on the top of the page as shown here:-
- In the new opened window, read the guidelines for Pre Matric Minority Scholarship registration as shown below:-
- Accept the undertaking and click at the “Continue” button to open the Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme online registration form minorities.
- Fill in all the details in the Pre Matric Scholarship Registration Form and click at the “Register” button to complete the registration process. Applicants will get User ID and Password on your registered Mobile Number.
- Then click at the “Login” to apply online for minority Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme 2020 for minorities:-
- After making a login, applicants can verify their OTP, change the password and proceed to Dashboard where applicants can click at the “Application Form” button to open the Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme Minorities Application Form 2020-21 as shown below:-
- Here applicants can enter their personal, academic, and other details accurately and click at the “Save & Continue” button and then fill the remaining form to “Submit” it. After the form is submitted successfully, the application online for Pre Matric Minority Scholarship Scheme 2020 will get over.
This scheme focuses on Minorities Empowerment through education and will lead to the upliftment of socio-economic conditions of the students from minority communities.
How to Apply for Pre-Matric Scholarships for Minority Students
Students applying for a scholarship for the first time (Fresh Students) need to “Register” on the portal as a fresh applicant by providing accurate and authenticated information as printed on their documents in the “Student Registration Form”. The registration form is required to be filled by parents/guardians of students who are below the age of 18 years on the date of registration. Before initiating the registration process, students / Parents/guardian are advised to keep the following documents handy:-
- Educational documents of student
- Student’s Bank account number and IFSC code of the bank branch
- Aadhaar number of the Student
- If Aadhaar is not available, then Bonafide student certificate from Institute / School and
- Aadhaar Enrolment ID or Scanned copy of Bank passbook
- If Institute/School is different from the domicile state of the applicant, then Bonafide student certificate from Institute / School.
Note: For the pre-matric scholarship scheme, where students do not have their own bank account, parents can provide their own account details. However, parents’ account numbers can only be used against scholarship applications for maximum of two children.
Pre-Matric Minority Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Any eligible student studying in Class 1st to 10th in any govt. or private school can apply for the Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme. Eligibility Criteria for Pre-Matric Minority Scholarship is mentioned below:-
- Applicants must have secured at least 50% marks in the previous final examination.
- The annual income of the family of the applicant from all sources must not exceed Rs. 1 lakh per annum.
- Only Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jain, and Zoroastrians (Parsis) can apply.
It is also important to note that more than 30% of scholarships will be earmarked for girl students.
Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme 2020-21 for Minorities – Duration & Rate of Scholarship
Govt. will provide Pre Matric Scholarship 2020 for the entire course duration. However, maintenance allowance is only given for 10 months in an academic year. The rate of Scholarship is given below:-
Pre Matric Scholarship 2020 Amount
|Admission Fee from Class VI to X||Rs. 500 p.a||Rs. 500 p.a|
|Tuition fee from class VI to X||Rs. 350 p.m||Rs. 350 p.m|
|Maintenance Allowance (Class I to V)||Nil||Rs. 100 p.m|
|Maintenance Allowance (Class VI to X)||Rs. 600 p.m||Rs. 100 p.m|
Scholarship Amount for Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities
This scheme would be implemented through the State Government / Union Territory administration. To get all the details, click at https://scholarships.gov.in/public/schemeGuidelines/MoMA_Pre_Matric_2018-20.pdf.
The objective of Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme 2020 for Minority Students
Scholarship given at the pre-matric level would encourage parents from minority communities to send their children to schools. The scheme will lighten the financial burden on school education and sustain efforts to support their children to complete school education. Pre Matric Scholarship scheme will form the foundation for educational attainment and even provide a level playing field in the competitive employment arena. Empowerment through education is one of the objectives of this scheme which has the potential to lead to upliftment of the socio-economic conditions of the minority communities.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
What is Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities
It is a scholarship scheme for students of minority communities who are studying in class 1st to 10th
Who is Eligible for Pre Matric Minority Scholarship Scheme
Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain, Parsi (Zoroastrian)
What is the official website for Pre Matric Minorities Scholarship
What is the last date to apply for Minority Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme 2020
For more FAQ’s, click at https://scholarships.gov.in/public/FAQ/FAQ_MOMA.pdf and for more details, visit the official website https://scholarships.gov.in/